MANJARO RESTAURANT

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Temburong Our Jungle

360 Angle from the canopy walk. The Highest Point of the national park at Temburong.

A really must go see place in Brunei. I must say that the local guides seem to be surprised to have locals visit the national park but we made sure it was a very pleasant surprise for them every hour...hhahah


With a continuos river flow down the Ulu
Temburong rivers creates an amazing view of smaller to larger rounded stones smoothly eroded over time.


Not many large animals are present in Temburong due to the thick, dense forest which makes it very hard for any larger animals to move around the forest but we did manage to find a Wild terrapine called ORANGE. His shell was not green like the ones we normally see. Check this out his shell was orange brown.

I swear i saw this in National Geograhic channel some time ago but hey nothing beats witnessing it live and taking a picture and posting it up yourself. This one is ours to keep. Check out the baby hair-like fungus mushrooms growing on a dried leaf in the Wasai Apan Waterfalls.

Is everthing orange here? Our guide MutaKIM found this spider for us to view in the middle of a jungle night walk. Man! The guides here have real jungle eyes.


If you look closely, you'll see a lady from the Iban tribe aptly named Demit steering the long boat through tough spots which were difficult to get through. She made it single handedly with one stick.

We had been looking forward to the trek up to the Canopy walk even if it meant getting up in the early morning hours to await the promise of a beautiful sunrise, which it was, a totally Beautiful Sunrise to be experienced visually first hand. To breath the air and watch the amazing 360 degree view....


Whoever said Temburong Jungle is boring is a liar or has never been there... LOL and this is precisely the reason why I never, ever wanted to go the "Green Jewel". I suppose based on your own individual likes, one could come to this conclusion. I, however beg to differ. Temburong National Park is definitely in my recommendation A COME VISIT PLACE. Do try to make a trip here. It is good for your soul.


never thought i'd hear me saying this but I LOVE TEMBURONG.

Will Pris and I ever come again?

Definitely. And did I say this was our part deux of our little honeymoons. Glad we made it here.

Feel free to drop us an email or call us if you need any details how to get here and items to pack. We would love to see friends of Manjaro visit this place at least once in their lifetime.
Save our planet by understanding nature.

2 comments:

Mollie said...

Hello. Whats your name again? Well I think this gonna surprise you a lot more. I live in Temburong since 1998 and now 2011. I have always want to go to Ulu Temburong but I have never get the chance to do it. I did ever ask for my parents and family to go there but they are just too busy with work . . . I have a bigger plan this year. In june my adopted family from Florida of United States going to come and visit Brunei They love adventures, especially something to do with jungle trekking, water rafting, etc. So am I here. I have always love Temburong because of its beautiful rainforest. I must say I been living in Brunei Muara district and Tutong before I move to Temburong but honestly nothing in Brunei among these 4 districts would be able to stand against Temburong natural beauty. Thats why most tourists come to temburong first because want adventure then shopping - seriously they have better shopping malls then we have. So please let me know how to get there. I have always thought it would be very expensive. I am hesitating of what to do and where to start. Please reply to me soon. Really need this before summer holiday in June. Thanks in Advance!

Tim Ang said...

Hello there, I just came across this blog when I was google-ing Temburong. I would recommend you to have a look at this site :

www.temburongbisai.com

They have tour packages for Ulu Temburong National Park :)